David found out that I never read the preface, forward or anything extra when I read a book so here is to you dear:
Preface:
One good and bad thing about living in a small town is that everyone knows everything about everyone. Because everyone knows if you tell one person sooner or later the whole town will know. Since this is the case it is a great game to broad cast personal details of your life in order to beat all the chatty Cathys. (I may have already included some of my own exaggeration, Kamiah is growing on me for better or worse). Story:
Our house sold in August to a nice Indian lady, Danice in our ward. She has been very excited about the house, and has called me on several occasions to ask questions and to share with me all the tiny details right down to the furniture. After we moved out, the house needed some remodeling on the basement window to bring it up to code. Danice called a few weeks later to let me in on all the updates. Well long story short while the window was being worked on the loan fell through, and she may end up not getting the house after all. What cracked me up and still makes me smile every time I think about it is how our conversation ended it was something like this:
Danice: "Yeah so I really hope that I get the house now, cause you know Barbara (the Realtor) let me move some of my new furniture (a table and couch) into the house. If I don't get the house how am I going to move the furniture? So that is kinda what is going on with me."
Me: "Well that is too bad if you would have to move the funiture and all, I am sure that it will work out" And in my head I am thinking "Poor Danice?! Floyd (the home owner) was banking on his house being sold, and I just moved apparently for no good reason"...
I should call Danice and see if she needs help with her big move.
Shawn, now you need to post pictures of your new house so we can see it!
ReplyDelete